We are a Whatcom County-based, non-partisan, non-profit organization. Our membership spans a broad cross-section of the community, including businesses, labor leaders, elected officials, and just plain folks!
The Northwest Jobs Alliance (NWJA) promotes the growth of family-wage jobs in the context of sound environmental practice.
Our Current Focus:
Composed of a cross-section of the community, the NWJA is a non-partisan organization that will focus on supporting economic vitality and growth associated with the Cherry Point industrial area. The Alliance will:
- encourage informed public dialogue
- seek answers to questions the community has about industry
- correct misinformation
- engage in constructive dialogue with interested groups, individuals, and political and civic leaders
- provide advice to industry and labor
- advocate for a strong industrial job base before appropriate governmental bodies and public forums
- encourage practical, proven, and effective measures to harmonize industry and the environment, while discouraging “either/or” scenarios